Friday, June 11, 2010

A day to myself - well almost...

So, my husband took off today for a weekend visit with his sister in Texas. He took his mom along, as well as our 4 and 11 year old girls. The twins are home with me and settled down right watching Toy Story, yep, Disney movie! I seldom buy movies, since my skin crawls if I have to sit through a second viewing of just about any movie - except some Disney movies. Toy Story is one of my favorites, and the ride at Disneyworld has quickly become one of my favorites. So, today I'll talk about favorites of mine.

Movies are great, when I have 2 hours to spend on my own to watch one - which is seldom. I love many Disney movies - such as Toy Story, Stitch, Lion King, Pirates of the Carribean, Mary Poppins, and Monsters Inc. I feel the funnier the better. In life we all should try to laugh more, it would make it a better place!

Other movies I really like, translation - watched more than once are: Thing Called Love, The Notebook, Friday, A Walk to Remember, all the Home Alone movies, Happy Gilmore and just about anything Adam Sandler, The Goonies (who didn't like that?), Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, and The Karate Kid. I know, i know, lots of these are really old. But they shaped my life and my attitude. Movies shape us and make us who we are.

I hate scary movies! I just know myself, and that I will have a helping of unhealthy nightmares! As I said I love comedies. Oh, and romantic movies! So, combine a good comedy with a love story - that is right up my alley. Some dramas are good, but I can usually only watch it once - through a heavy veil of tears. Ask my mom and dad about E.T.....can't watch it even now that I'm all grown up. Cried for hours. Is it weird that I cry easier at animation and animals movies than at live-action movies with real people? I think I get involved with animation because of the imagination part of it, believing in MAGIC, then someone gets hurt, and out come the tears. With live-action, I am mostly in the know that it isn't real.

So, that's my loves and likes about movies. I hope you enjoy that bit of information about me! I'd love to hear any replies or thoughts from you guys out there in webworld.

Thanks for reading and have a Disney day!

No comments:

Post a Comment