Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gotta get on the ball!

The first time i wrote here was the first time i ever blogged. I was trying it out, and then left it alone for a while. I realized that i missed my one-time blogging attempt. I usually don't have much time to do it - with the four kids and all! But, I hope someone might be interested in what I have to say. I'm not real political or opinionated, but some might disagree. There are a few things I am confident about and will speak my opinion, but mostly I feel everyone has a right to have a different opinion and I'm really gray...
My opinion tends to change at times when someone makes an emotional plea or gives me some new and good information. Anyway, that's a bit about me.

I am soooo excited about the new Disneyworld Fantasyland makeover. I am scared, as I always am, about change and losing the old. But, out with the old and in with the new. Hopefully it will be great, as it usually is at Disney. I would go a couple times a year if I could, but finances just aren't there. Anyone want to contribute to my vacation fund? The feeling I have there is hard to describe - it's like all the pain and agony of work and day-to-day life just melts away - and besides a few long lines and an occasional mishap with emotional disturbed guests, it is all fun.

I am a mental health counselor and I try to remember disney ideals in my counseling. That concentration on families being together and having a good time together - flows right through each of our lives. I work with many disadvantaged children and famlies in my job, and it can get quite depressing. If I could bring them all to disney and show them how life could feel, I just know it would change the world! Wouldn't it?

Now, for home life. Like I mentioned, I have four young children - Lynn (girl, 10 - almost 11 and bordering on teenager), Grace (girl, almost 4), then there are the twins Rae (girl, 2) and Lee (boy, 2). The twins being our attempt at that baby boy we wanted - and he decided we needed another girl, too! Hubby stays home due to a back injury back in 2004, I remember this due to the fact that it was the end of my last semester of classes for my master's degree in counseling. Our dreams blew up and out of our reach from that point. I was supposed to start working for our vacation and retirement money. Now, we are lucky for a vacation every two years and hope to never physically need to retire...  

So, for now I keep on keepin' on I guess. Keeping Disney alive in my home and life as much as possible. I yell too much, and curse probably too much, but I try. Even with all the obstacles we endure, I love my family and God, and that keeps me going. Now, bringing all of them with me to Disney, that is icing on my cake!

Please, let me know what you think. I hope to start writing regular blogs, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment